Artists and Professionals
The Dealer’s Den is where artists and dealers offer their creations during the Con.
Some veterans, hardened after hundreds of Cons, may ask why aren’t we including an Artist Alley. Answer is…we may! It will depend on artists’ needs and customers’ demand. We don’t anticipate the need of separate rooms for both events.
How can I take part in the Dealer’s Den?
As of now inscription isn’t open yet. Booking conditions’ and sign up will be available soon. Keep an eye on our social networks, for updates!
What kind of items may I offer for sale in the Dealer’s Den?
Be imaginative! Comics, plushies, prints, any and everything related to the fandom! Here you have some ideas:
- General or customized badges.
- Prints of your own art, framed or not.
- Comissions: your stand may aswell be just you sitting down with your drawing equipment and offering live comissions. If you prefer digital media, we got you covered too! Electric power and WiFi will be available.
- Fursuits, items/materials/tools for fursuit manufacture/maintenance, fursuit elements (tails, ears…)
- Figurines, buttons, stickers, bookmarks…
Mind the Fan Art!
Fanart is any item that includes or is based on someone else’s work. Using third party’s intelectual property without their specific approval may be illegal. Beware of the Copyright infringement!
We trust in our dealers. We trust that none of your offered products will constitute a copyright violation. If that happens to be the case, full accountability will fall upon the dealer, exclusively. Furrnion will not be involved in any way. When in doubt, don’t sale, don’t buy!
Not allowed items:
The Dealer’s Den allows adult material (+18) to be sold (with case-by-case exceptions), as long as it is kept in separate folders or containers that visitors can request to check out privately, unmistakingly marked as such. It is strongly recommended that controversial themes and motifs are kept in separate, also clearly labeled folders or containers.
Objects that are not allowed for sale, under any circumstances, are:
- Any item that infringes the Spanish law.
- White or fire weapons, or any realistic replica.
- Those that include symbology that encourages hatred or discrimination.
- Drugs of any kind, whether legal or illegal.
- Any product created with real animal skin or fur, including taxidermy and clothing (Leather items are permitted).
- Sexual-related toys and paraphernalia.
- Any product explicitly forbidden by hotel regulations such as outside food and drinks, except when specifically approved by Furrnion.
Furrnion’s board of directors reserves the right to inspect, check and, if necesary, remove any product or item in conflict with the aforementioned rules. Inspect your own items in advance! That will avoid misunderstandings and uneasy situations! Again, when in doubt, ask.
Once the Con is underway, how is the Dealer’s Den managed?
The Dealer’s Den location and opening times are publicited in the conbook, info signs, and so forth. Dealers will have sufficient time to set up their stands and to take them down after clousure. Outside those times, the Dealer’s Den will be locked and secured.
Most dealers prefer to decorate their stands to better offer their products. That’s not only absolutely free, but you’re encouraged to do so: clothes, regalia, signs, lighting… The only limit is your imagination. Seriously now, the only restriction is to avoid disturbing the rest of dealers/customers (i.e., you are not allowed to use swords or sharp objects, to block or restrict access to emergency exits, banners too large that will invade the dealer’s next to you’s space, and so forth).
When signing up for a spot, the dealer will sign a legal contract with Furrnion. Each dealer may, if they so wish, designate one single assistant per hired table/stand. Assistant’s identity, functions, privileges and obligations will be stipulated in the contract, and will be given a badge as well.